Fiction/nonfiction writer and 2010 MFA graduate from the University of Michigan, represented by Amy Williams of McCormick & Williams. Awards include the Hopwood Award for Novel-in-Progress, the Louis Sudler Award for Creative Writing from Stanford University, semi-finalist for the John Steinbeck Fellowship, and a $40k grant from the Elizabeth George Foundation. At present, I’m beginning what is technically my third book — a memoir about psychosis and schizoaffective disorder.
Note: Should you be interested in soliciting a guest post, or reprinting a piece of writing or photography from this site, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Depending on the nature of your request, I may forward your email to my literary agent. Thank you so much for your interest.
THE BACKBONE OF THIS SITE
– Excerpt from my untitled novel (2011)
– The Celebrity Guide to Bipolar Disorder (essay) (published on Jezebel) (2011)
– Psychiatry and Mental Illness: Has Science Gone Too Far? (article) (published on Salon) (2013)
– Why I Left Yale: Mental Illness & Higher Education
– The Danger of Nightmares is Sometimes Waking Up: Nightmares, Illness, and Medication
– What I Talk About When I Talk About Psychosis (a three-part series) : condensed & updated on Medium
– For My Mentally Ill Comrades
- Getting In & Out of the Briar: Beyond “Coping”
- Noticing the Signs
THE WRITING LIFE
MY LIFE: A NARRATIVE
– Insights on Depression (2011) :: Brief interview on Trust Tending
- I Was Just Diagnosed with a Mental Illness. Now What? (2013) :: Mind Body Green